In order to use the EDGE Lab’s soldering irons, you must earn a “Soldering Digital Badge.”
The EDGE Lab uses a Digital Badging system to make sure that students have the necessary knowledge and skills to independently use EDGE Lab equipment. Earning a Digital Badge gives you certain privileges in the Lab, and might also earn you free stuff! See here for a list of the Digital Badges currently available.
You can earn the “Soldering Digital Badge” in two ways:
- Attend a workshop (see calendar for schedule and to sign up for upcoming workshops)
- If you’ve completed a workshop, please fill out this Google Form as evidence of completing the Soldering Digital Badge. You do not need to complete any additional assignments if you’ve already attended a Soldering Workshop.
- Independently work through the assignments in a Canvas module.
What You’ll Learn:
- Proper soldering techniques & safety
What You’ll Earn:
- Ability to use the EDGE Lab soldering irons and electronics components
- Access to the lab during “Badged Students Only” times